Sport

Brazil: Deco becomes owner of former club Tiquinho Soares

Written by admin

Former Portuguese international Deco has become one of the owners of CSP, a Brazilian team that competes in the Paraibano championship, equivalent to the Brazilian fifth division, but already at regional level.

The Portuguese-Brazilian acquired, together with another businessman, Luís Paulo, 60% of SAD in the emblem of the city of João Pessoa. This was revealed by Josivaldo Alves, owner of the remaining 40% of the business and who led the club as manager and coach for several years.

“It’s a natural process. All Brazilian clubs have struggled except Flamengo and Palmeiras. We are a small club from Brazil. We need support, support. (…) The project of training young people and supporting the dreams of those who want to be professionals must continue”, he began by saying, in statements to Globoesporte.

“On the other hand, we need money and investments. One of the ways was to join people from football, with successful careers, like Deco and Luís Paulo, who is an investor. We have brought the three minds together to continue this work,” he added.

The relationship between Deco and CSP actually started a few years ago. Tiquinho Soares, a former Nacional, V. Guimarães and FC Porto player, came to prominence at the Paraíba club in 2013, and is currently managed precisely by Deco, after conversations between the former midfielder and Josivaldo Alves.

About the author

admin

Leave a Comment