At the beginning of the year alone, Epidemiological Surveillance recorded 105 positive cases
The health service of the municipality of Penápolis warns the population of the precautions to be taken to contain the proliferation of the Aedes aegypti mosquito, which transmits dengue fever, zika and chikungunya.
At the beginning of the year alone, the municipality’s epidemiological surveillance service recorded 105 positive cases. The holder of the portfolio, Dr. Luiz Washington Bozzo Nascimento Filho, stressed that everyone is attentive to care for Covid-19, but we must deal with dengue fever, another endemic problem that affects our region.
“As of Friday (25), we have already registered 105 cases. The agents of the Epidemiological Surveillance Service are constantly working to eliminate the breeding grounds of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, but we count on the collaboration and attention of each resident. Take care of your home, remove standing water from your home, and protect your family and neighbors,” he said.
The Secretary also pointed out that dengue occurs in seasonal epidemic periods, on average every four years. “We recorded outbreaks in 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019 and we are very concerned about the number of cases in early 2022,” he warned.
“Dengue fever is a serious health problem and it also kills. We need the collaboration of the whole community to prevent the spread of the disease. These are simple attitudes, daily care in our own homes, reserving a few minutes a day to check backyards, eliminate breeding sites and all standing water,” he guided.
According to data from the Epidemiological Surveillance Service, as of Friday, 105 positive cases have been reported and another 41 patients are awaiting test results. In January, 17 were confirmed, in February, 88 were registered.
With information from Secom – PMP
Learn how to eliminate outbreaks of the Aedes aegypti mosquito:
– Keep the water tank tightly closed. Also put a screen on the box thief;
– Keep the gutters always clean, avoiding the accumulation of leaves and branches that can hinder the flow of rain;
– Always leave the bottles upside down;
– Keep garbage cans well covered;
– Leave the drains clean and with a screen application;
– Clean weekly or fill pots of potted plants with sand;
– Clean the drinking troughs for animals with a brush or a loofah;
– Out-of-use or occasional-use toilets must be covered and checked weekly;
– The refrigerator trays can also accumulate water. Stay tuned;
– Tires must be stored in covered areas;
COLEGIO FUTURO – Horizontal top
Disclaimer: Readers’ comments do not represent the opinion of the journal or the author of the article.